SOLIDWORKS PDM enables capabilities for users to conquer data management complexity, maintaining and switching between different versions instead of data duplication. it handles other types of documents like Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), specifications, images, and much more. the same powerful tools for managing CAD files via workflows, revisions and file history can be used for non-CAD documents as well.
Learn key capabilities which will help you to handle and flow your data through the process:
- Access to the latest versions of the components.
- Searches can be performed for files by file name or related information.
- Control over files access to ensure who can access which parts of model.
- Workflows to instantly flow components to get approvals and revisions.
- Reduce the time to complete your design approval and ECO change processes.
- Maintain, manipulate, and leverage Bill of Materials (BOM) information for downstream processes.
- Automate tasks and approval processes as designs move through the product lifecycle.
- Efficiently collaborate and replicate data across multiple sites and teams.