“Having Guidance on the right time is all about the perfect Design”.
The goal is to teach you to create sheet metal parts, flat patterns and drawings in SOLIDWORKS. Sheet metal design functions and techniques are useful for creating sheet metal parts to enclose or house product designs.
- Use various methods, starting with the flange method, to create fabricated parts.
- Create flat patterns and production drawings after applying sheet metal-specific features such as mitre or edge flanges, hems, tabs, and corner treatments.
- Use advanced techniques to create sheet metal parts, such as starting from a flat pattern, sweeping a profile along a path, or lofting between profiles.
- Convert non-sheet metal parts or imported geometry to sheet metal parts.
- Use multibody techniques to create a sheet metal part comprised of several sheet metal pieces.
- Use forming tools to create typical sheet metal features such as louvers or ribs.