In today’s fast-paced business environment, collaboration is crucial for driving innovation and achieving success. The 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, coupled with the powerful cloud capabilities for accessing, organizing and managing Data through collaborative space management app 3DSpace, offers organizations a robust solution for collaborative spaces anywhere, anytime & any device. This blog post will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to create collaborative spaces using the 3DSpace app. We will also explore various options such as title, description, family, and visibility, as well as different access levels—leader, owner, author, and collaborator.
Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Collaborative Space using 3DSpace App:
1. Accessing the 3DSpace App:
- Log in to your 3DEXPERIENCE Platform account.
- Launch the 3DSpace app by navigating to the Compass and selecting the Collaborative industry innovator role.
2. Creating a New Collaborative Space:
- In the 3DSpace app, click on the “New Collaborative Space” option to start the creation process.
- Provide a title and description for the collaborative space to offer context and information.
- Choose a family designation (e.g., Design, Standard) that aligns with the nature of the content in the space.
- Design: Stores all types of content, including design files, 3D CAD data, and documents.
Tip: For Standard/ Library components a separate space should be created where the data should always be in released state so that any changes without revision notification will not be permitted.
- Standard: Collaborative storage for resource objects with public access.
- Select the visibility level (Private, Protected, Public) to determine who can access the space.
- Private: Content visible to members of the collaborative space.
- Protected: Visibility depends on the maturity of the content, such as “Released” or “Obsolete,” to other public members.
- Public: Content visible to all Platform members.
- Click “Create” to finalize the creation of the collaborative space.
3. Exploring the Information Button:
- The information button provides details and properties of the collaborative space.
- Click on the information button to access information such as the title, description, family designation, visibility level, and other relevant details.
4. Adding Content and Members:
- Use the “Add Content” option to upload files, create folders, and organize content within the collaborative space.
- Select the “Add Members” option to invite individuals to join the space. Specify their access levels and send invitations accordingly.
5. Managing Access Levels:
- Leader: Leaders have full control over the collaborative space. They can manage workspace settings, add and remove members, and assign access levels.
- Owner: Owners have administrative rights within the collaborative space. They can manage access rights, set permissions, and perform administrative tasks.
- Author: Authors can create and modify content within the collaborative space. They can add and edit documents, create folders, and contribute to the workspace.
- Collaborator: Collaborators have read-only access to the collaborative space. They can view documents, folders, and discussions but cannot modify or contribute directly.
6. Editing Properties:
- Leaders and owners can edit the properties of the collaborative space, such as the title, description, and visibility level.
- Access the “Edit Properties” option and modify the desired fields accordingly.
7. Changing the Thumbnail Picture:
- Customize the visual representation of the collaborative space by changing the thumbnail picture.
- Use the “Change Thumbnail Picture” option and select an image that best represents the space.
8. Uploading Documents in 3DSpace App:
- Open the desired collaborative space within the 3DSpace app.
- Click on the “Add Content” option and select “Upload Document.”
- Choose the document file from your local storage.
9. Uploading SOLIDWORKS Files using SOLIDWORKS Connector:
- Install and configure the SOLIDWORKS Connector (Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS) on your system.
- Open SOLIDWORKS and access the 3DEXPERIENCE toolbar.
- Connect to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform using your credentials.
- Select the desired collaborative space and use the SOLIDWORKS Connector to upload SOLIDWORKS files using Save with Options.
Creating collaborative spaces within the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform using the 3DSpace app empowers organizations to foster teamwork and drive innovation. By following the comprehensive guide provided above and utilizing options, you can establish efficient and dynamic collaborative spaces. Furthermore, leveraging such essential features of 3DSpace app will enhance collaboration and streamline workflows. Embrace the potential of collaborative spaces in the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform and unlock new levels of productivity and success for your organization.
We Urge You To Call Us For Any Doubts & Clarifications That You May Have. We Are Eager to Talk To You
Call Us: +91 7406663589